EX-HIRE TAG-A-LONGS- £50
EX-HIRE CHILD SEATS- £25
Where We Are
Our cycle hire shop is situated in the heart of Epping Forest within easy reach by bike, car or public transport. Bikes are available to pre-book all year round. Full details of how to get to us are on our Find Us page.
We have a selection of high quality unisex adult and kids bikes for hire also trailers. Our fleet of bikes are replaced with new ones every year.
A helmet if you do not have your own. A map of the forest with suggested routes is available to purchase. You will be safety briefed before your ride by our friendly and experienced cycle hire staff. A lock and tool kit can be provided on request.
What to Bring
Cycling in Epping Forest provides some excellent and challenging riding in a natural environment. In order to have the best experience we recommend you bring:
- Clothing suitable for mountain biking that you won't mind getting wet or muddy!
- We strongly recommend that you wear a cycle helmet. We can provide a helmet at no extra cost if you do not have your own.
- Waterproof jacket and trousers.
- Appropriate cycling footwear. Suitable footwear includes trainers, cycling or walking shoes. We will not allow you to cycle in flip-flops or open toes sandals.
- Some water
- Mobile phone
- Medication if you have any medical requirements and a small first aid kit
- A suitable rucksack to carry belongings. We have small lockers to leave stuff in
- A change of clothing for after your ride as you will get wet and muddy!
School groups and corporate team building days are welcome and we can taylor the day to your needs. We can also organise guided rides by local qualified trail leaders. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
The tracks in Epping Forest are not signposted however we do have maps available to purchase. The Visitor Centres can also give you information on places to cycle.
The best way of getting to know the forest is to book a guided ride with us. Our guides have local knowledge of the trails and single-track. Please take a look at our guided rides page for information.
The forest can get very muddy although this is just as much fun!
You can find routes for GPS computers online.
Easy to moderate tracks can be found around the forest and we will suggest a route before you ride.
We have free parking on site
To Hire our bikes you will need:
- A debit or credit card for payment
- Proof of ID with your current address on it i.e passport, driving license or utility bill
- An adult to book if you are under 16
- To respect Epping Forest environment bylaws, people and animals who are in it. Do not leave any litter. Take it with you and bin it responsibly
- To wear suitable clothing and shoes for cycling
- To ride safely and have fun!
How To pre-book
- Book online
- or call us on 020 8524 6626
Pre-booking Terms & Conditions
- If you need to cancel within 24 hours of your hire we reserve the right to take payment. We may however, be able to transfer your hire to another day or time subject to availability.
- 24 hours notice is normally required to pre-book bikes but still give us a try if it is less than this.
- Pre-booking is not available on one hour hires
Summer Opening Times:
Monday CLOSED (OPEN 9:00AM - 6:00PM ON BANK HOLIDAYS)
Tuesday 9:30AM - 5:00PM
Wednesday 9:30AM - 5:00PM
Thursday 9:30AM - 5:00PM
Friday 9:30AM - 5:00PM
Saturday 9:00AM - 6:00PM
Sunday 9:00AM - 6:00PM
Adult and Youth Mountian Bikes- FORME Sterndale MTBs
|Children's Frog Bikes ages 5-11 years
|Trailers ages 18 months plus
Family deal: 2 adult bikes and two children under 14 for only £50 for two hours. That's a saving of up to £15 on standard hire rates. Excludes public and school holidays
Groups of 10 or more 10% discount
Forces: 10% discount
Police: 10% discount
NHS staff: 10% discount
Fire Brigade staff: 10% discount
Special rates cannot be booked online. Please call to book
Please mention special rate when booking
Please bring relevant photo ID
Not in conjunction with other offers
Subject to availability
Go Further Cycling
Promote your Page too
Back to Home Page