We have tried to keep our Terms & Conditions as straightforward as possible:
1. Whoever signs the hire agreement is responsible for all bikes and accessories relating to that agreement, all of
which must be returned in the same condition at the end of the hire period as was received at the start.
2. The minimum age for hiring a bike is 16 years, under which the presence of an adult will be necessary to
assume all responsibilities.
3. All of our bikes are safety checked before hand over so no responsibility will be accepted by “Go Further
Cycling” for loss, damage, or injury to the hirer, fellow riders, or third party, occurring during the hire period.
4. In the event of any mechanical breakdown “Go Further Cycling” can only recover
bikes. Refunds will only be considered for mechanical breakdowns occurring in the first hour of the hire
period*. Thereafter each rider is deemed to be completely satisfied that his or her bike and accessories are fit
5. While cycling off road, please keep to public rights-of-way where cycling is permitted and exercise due care to all other users. When using public highways riders must observe the Highway Code.
6. Cycling is not risk free but with careful use of the equipment, injury to riders and third parties can be avoided.
We recommend that you make use of the cycle helmets provided. Racing, time trials and any stunts such as
wheelies, jumps etc, are not permitted. The Owner and “Go Further Cycling” is exempt of any responsibility
for any incidents related to the Hirer or any users of “Go Further Cycling’s” equipment as a consequence of
careless behaviour of the Hirer, including physical injuries or even death of the Hirer, for any loss, costs, or
expenses, during the hire period. The Hirer accepts the full responsibility for his/her behaviour while in
possession of the bicycle.
7. You acknowledge it is mandatory to wear a helmet while hiring our bikes- either your own or hired from us. You and everyone else in your group assume full responsibility for any accident, injury or death that should occur.
8. All equipment will be very carefully checked after each hire. Charges will apply for bikes returned late or
damaged during the hire period. “Go Further Cycling” reserves the right to charge additional hours/days hire
fees depending on degree of lateness and extent of damage.
9. Upon request “Go Further Cycling” can provide bike locks. Please ensure that no bike is left
unattended unless it is first secured to a fixed object using the lock through the frame and rear wheel. Any
incident of theft must be reported to “Go Further Cycling” as soon as possible.
10. You have provided the hirer can provide credit/debit card details, for precautionary use only, and authorise “Go Further Cycling” to charge on that credit/debit card
all eventual costs in case of damages, loss or theft of bike(s) or the hired equipment according to wholesale
price and comprehensive of labour.
Some charges are as follows:-
Complete bicycle - £450; Wheel - £50; Helmet - £30; Seat - £40; Lock - £15; Pump - £5;
Tool bag/Tools - £15
11. “Go Further Cycling” recommends to all Hirers to have suitable Travel Insurance cover to meet any unexpected costs occurred whilst hiring.
12. All hirers will be required to sign a copy of the hire agreement and provide a form of ID before hand over.
*”Go Further Cycling” will always first endeavour to reinstate your cycling trip wherever possible. Any refunds will
apply to individual bikes only.
Pre-booking Terms & Conditions
- When pre-booking we will ask from what time you wish to hire. This will be the time slot we will reserve for your bikes for you. If you do not arrive for your time slot you could risk not being able to hire again that day.
- Debit or credit details are required when pre-booking.
- Payment will debited if you do not turn up.
- If you need to cancel within 24 hours of your hire we still reserve the right to take payment. We may however, be able to transfer your hire to another day or time subject to availability.
- 24 hours notice is normally required to pre-book bikes.
- Pre-booking is not available on one hour hires
Terms and Conditions Version 1.2 05/2013
Back to home page